Garden of Vegan is where I share a selection of the meals I eat on a day to day basis. If you’re looking for more information, I post all of my recipes, resources, and a lot more on my vegan lifestyle website: I Love Vegan (www.ilovevegan.com)
Most of my frequently asked questions have been answered in detail on I Love Vegan, so a lot of these answers will link to posts or sections over there!
- What is dessert tofu? Where can I buy it? What can you use it for?
Dessert tofu is product made by Sunrise Soya, a Canadian company. It comes in 7 different flavours and is most commonly available in Canada, but can be found in some places in the US. You can find read my complete review of Sunrise Soya Dessert Tofu here. To see if you can buy dessert tofu near you, check out their store finder.
I eat dessert tofu just like yogurt: topped with fruit, granola, or nuts, in smoothies, or in baking. The texture is different than yogurt, dessert tofu is silky, not creamy.
- For my tofu recipes check out the Tofu, Beans, & Legumes category in my Lunch & Dinner recipes.
- For information and tips on preparing tofu I’ve written a 4-Part Tofu Tutorial, which includes: Types of Tofu, Draining and Preparing Tofu, Marinating, and Cooking. You can also check out my very first post on tofu here: How To Prepare Tofu.
- What is tofu like? What does it taste like?
Tofu has a very mild bean flavour. Its mild flavour and absorbent nature make it ideal for marinating an picking up other flavours. Different varieties of tofu have different textures, from silky to curd-like and spongy, and they all have different purposes.
- How much do I spend on groceries?
I live with my boyfriend and together we usually spend between $60-$90 per week on groceries.
- What does your grocery list typically look like?
I base my shopping lists mostly on items from my Basic Groceries & Supplies resource.
I share most of my weekly grocery shopping trips on my blog at I Love Vegan, they’re all tagged “Groceries”. You can also see them here on tumblr by looking at posts /tagged/groceries/
Learning More About Veganism
All of my information and tips regarding veganism can be found in the Resources section of I Love Vegan.
- Tips for transitioning to a vegan diet: The Basics of Veganism
- Is eating vegan expensive? Do you have tips for eating vegan on a budget?
Just like any other diet, you can choose to eat an extravagant vegan diet, or a more budget conscious one. In my experience so far, I spend a considerable amount less to eat healthy and vegan than I did when I was eating healthy and vegetarian.
For all of my tips for eating an affordable vegan diet, read my resource Vegan on a Budget.
- How do you get adequate protein/iron/calcium/vitamin D/vitamin B12 on a vegan diet?
Check out my resource: Proper Nutrition and a Vegan Diet.
I still have plenty of questions to answer here. If you’re looking for answers to personal questions, I have a personal FAQ on I Love Vegan.
If I haven’t answered your question here, feel free to send me a message and ask!