This green smoothie is the perfect morning pick-me-up to get the day started off right. The mix of natural sugars, vitamins, and minerals from the banana + mango + spinach combo really help to perk you up while the healthy fats and protein from the pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts keep you feeling satiated. 13+ grams of protein | 9 grams of fibre
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped mango, frozen
- 1-2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pumpkin seeds (Pepita seeds)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds)
- optional: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder + 1/4 cup water
In a blender (or large tumbler if you’re using an immersion blender) layer the spinach, banana, mango, pumpkin seeds, and hemp hearts. Add the almond milk and blend until the pumpkin seeds are really really smooth. This recipe makes a single 16 oz serving sized smoothie.
For notes on substitutions and additional information, visit the full post at: http://bit.ly/1kMHV5z
Spinach leaves & butter lettuce, sliced grape tomatoes with basil and a balsamic vinaigrette, sliced mushrooms, sautéed seasoned tofu (browned in coconut oil and seasoned with sriracha & soy sauce), shredded carrot, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, and roasted garlic hummus.
Hello everyone! I want to let you know that I Love Vegan (www.ilovevegan.com) is back up and running! To everyone that has messaged me about it, thank you so much for being patient with me. The whole project ended up taking a lot longer than I anticipated but I’m so happy with the results. I hope you love the new site!
Now that I don’t have the stress of getting the site back up, I’ll be putting more effort towards posting regularly to Garden of Vegan again. I like to be posting at least once a day, preferably twice, so the blog should be a lot more active now! I’ll also be sharing the content that I post to I Love Vegan.
I’ve made a whole bunch of changes and added a lot of new features to the site, you can read the full blog post on all of the changes we’ve made here. Here’s a quick overview of some of the changes:
Now that I Love Vegan is back up I’ve put my “About" and "FAQ" pages back up, you’ll find them in the navigation bar. I’ve also added a brief summary of my experience with Intuitive Eating, you’ll find it in the About page or you can read it here. In the sidebar you’ll find a few links to some of the popular sections of I Love Vegan.
- new printer-friendly recipe option
- easier & faster recipe navigation
- new “sort by dietary requirement” option to sort through gluten free, soy free, nut free, low sugar, no sugar added, and raw vegan recipes
- 2 new recipe sections: Food on the Go and Quick & Easy recipes
- new “Pin It’ button on all recipe images makes pinning a lot more convenient
All resources have been updated to include more information, external resources, and helpful tips. All resources can be accessed via the navigation bar for quicker access.
- The Basics of Veganism
- Nutrition on a Vegan Diet
- Transitioning to Veganism
- Building a Vegan Grocery List
- Vegan Lifestyle on a Budget
- Basic Cooking Tips & Supplies
- Benefits of a Vegan Lifestyle
- Guide to Ingredient Lists
- Frequently Asked Questions
I’m also working on a new Q&A style resource and I’ll need your help to fill it up! If you have a question regarding veganism, please consider submitting it the new resource. Questions will be answered in a new regular Q&A post which will then be compiled into one big (hopefully helpful) resource! You can submit questions here: Submit a Question to our Q&A resource.
- improved aesthetic and usability throughout the entire site
- more sidebars for a more cohesive feel and better navigation
- "Pin It" button on most posts, recipes, and resources for easier sharing on Pinterest.
- new top bar for easy access to social media and other ways to stay updated
Ways to Support I Love Vegan:
I’ve had some very kind readers ask how they can help to support Garden of Vegan/I Love Vegan. We’ve made a page with a bunch of different ways you can help to support the blog as well as adding a donate option. Of course there is absolutely no obligation to make a donation, both Garden of Vegan and I Love Vegan will continue to run regardless. We’ve included lots of free ways for you to support us too! To find out about different ways to support the blog and reasons why we accept donations, visit the page Support I Love Vegan.
I’ve finally made an Instagram account (thank you to everyone that has been asking, this took me waaay too long to do!) Here’s the link: http://www.instagram.com/ilovegan/
Links to my other social media profiles:
If you’d like to receive all updates from Garden of Vegan and I Love Vegan, you can sign up for weekly e-mail updates, here.
It’s been pretty hectic for the last few days, so if you come across any glitches, broken links, or anything else weird on the site please let me know! You can send me a message here on Tumblr or email me at email@example.com. Again, thank you so much for your patience! I hope you love the new site!
Sprouted grain bread with almond butter, strawberries, hemp hearts and pumpkin seeds, and pretzels.
Blueberry Panda licorice, goji berry trail mix (dried goji berries, cherries, and blueberries, almonds, and pumpkin seeds), banana dessert tofu, strawberries, and bottled water.
Pretzels and strawberries with almond butter, and goji berry trail mix (dried goji berries, blueberries, and cherries, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.)
Wheatlets topped with sliced nectarine, blueberries and blackberries, raw pumpkin seeds, almond butter, and agave syrup, and coffee with soy milk.